A lot of people don't apply for free school meals. That's why we are continuing with our campaign to encourage all families to register regardless of if they believe they may be eligible.
You don’t need to worry about other children knowing your child gets free school meals. Only the school, and in secondary schools the catering staff, will know.
You could save £400 a year for each child and your children could benefit from a good hot meal at lunchtime. The school will benefit too as they’ll get the pupil premium of £1,000 a year from the government for each child eligible for free school meals.
Free school meal entitlement
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you (or the young person themselves, where appropriate) get any of the following:
• Universal Credit, provided they have an annual net earned income not exceeding £7,400 (£616.67 per month)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• the guarantee element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit (WTC) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190) as assessed by HRMC
• Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Please use the link below to access the Council webpage:
Welcome to our website. We hope that you enjoy exploring the site and please note the links in the safeguarding section to the resources supplied during our parents online-safety evening.